Making the yard beautiful is very simple, although most individuals think that it is hard. You only need a grass cutter. This tool cuts grasses and weeds easily to ensure your lawn remains tidy. The grass cutters are made of steel for durability. Moreover, they are lightweight, portable, and have wheels to improve movement. Also, they have adjustable cutting heights to suit your needs. Some use gas; others use electric power while others are manual without engines. In addition to that, they have grass boxes to store the cut grass before disposing of.
However, there exist several models of the grass cutters but settling on the best one is difficult. So, below are some important factors that will guide you to choose the best mower. Choose the grass cutter that meets your mowing demands from this list below.
List of 10 Best Grass Cutters in 2023
No products found.
#10. Remington RM130 Push Lawn Mower
The Remington grass cutter is ideal for cleaning the lawn faster. It uses gas power, and it has a 140cc OHV engine with an auto-choke feature and a 21 inches cutting deck. Therefore, it is durable, and it cuts grass with very few passes. In addition to that, it features dual-lever six-position height adjustment. This feature allows you to choose the height of the grass in your lawn.
Also, the handles are adjustable and comfortable to grip. So, you will not bend when mowing. This means that it prevents back and hand pain. The rear wheels are 8 inches while the front wheels are 7 inches. Since the mower is strong, it tackles both even and uneven terrains. Remarkably, the dimensions measure 38″L by 24″W by 18″H. Finally, it features a two years warranty.
- Size of 38″L by 24″W by 18″H
- Strong to tackle even and uneven terrains
- Dual-lever six-position height adjustment
- Adjustable and comfortable handles
- 21 inches cutting deck
- 8 inches rear wheels and 7 inches front wheels
- A 140cc OHV gas engine
#9. POWERWORKS MO60L02PW SP Lawn Mower Brand
This grass cutter from the POWERWORKS Store offers powerful performance and durability. It has a 5Ah Lithium-Ion battery that works for 45 minutes non-stop. Moreover, its design is suitable for a ¾ acre yard. Uniquely it does not use gas, and it needs no maintenance. Amazingly, the mower is 60 volts self-propelled. Further, it has a 21-inch steel deck and a brushless motor.
Most importantly, they have a vertical storage design. The handles fold easily to save space. This machine does not tear or wear. So, it extends the lifespan. Most importantly, it features seven-position single-lever height adjustment. So, this ensures a perfect cut. Finally, it has a four-year warranty.
- Seven-position single-lever height adjustment
- 5Ah Lithium-Ion battery
- 45 minutes run time
- 60 volts self-propelled
- 21-inch steel deck
- A brushless motor for power supply
- Warranty for four years
#8. PowerSmart DB2322S Black and red Lawn Mower
The PowerSmart grass cutter is powered using a 196cc engine. Therefore, it provides the correct power amount. The mower comes in a compact and lightweight package. Furthermore, it features a simple pull starting. Operating this machine is very simple. Remarkably, it weighs 103 lbs. only. In addition to that, it has a three-in-one bag, mulching capability, and side discharge. So, it spreads the grass clippings and returns nutrients to the lawn. Thereafter, the grass will grow thick and healthy.
Next, it features five-position height adjustment for changing the grass height. Having 11.5 inch rear wheels, movement is simple. Its height is adjustable between 12 and 35 inches. Finally, it has a limited warranty for two years.
- Powerful, efficient, and lightweight
- Adjustable height between 12 and 35 inches
- Easy maneuverability on rough and uneven terrains
- It weighs 103 lbs.
- Five-position height adjustment
- Warranty for two years.
#7. Craftsman M105 Push Lawn Mower
The Craftsman grass cutter is ideal for cleaning lawns. It has a 1440cc engine. Also, it features an auto choke and a recoil start. Additionally, it has rear and side discharge plus mulching capabilities. Further, it features a 21-inch cutting deck to mow wide areas with few passes. Therefore, it is suitable for medium-sized and small yards. The dual lever allows one to vary the trimming between six different heights.
The front wheels measure 7 inches, and the rear wheels measure 8 inches. Moreover, the wheels have treads to increase traction. The minimum cutting height is 1.25 inches, while the maximum cutting height is 3.75inches. Also, the mower weighs 65lbs. In conclusion, it has two years warranty.
- The wheels have treads for traction
- Minimum cutting height of 1.25 inches
- Maximum cutting height of 3.75inches
- 7inches front wheel and 8 inches rear wheels
- The overall weight of 65lbs
- A 21-inch cutting deck
- Suitable for medium-sized and small yards
- Warranty for two years
#6. WORX WG779 Lawn Mower
This grass cutter From the WORX Store features six height adjustments in one single lever. On top of that, it has an intellicut feature to offer torque when the conditions are tough. Also, it is compatible with 40v and 20v tools. Uniquely, the mower has a 2 in 1 design. You can bag it or mulch the grass into the ground.
Most importantly, it has a battery meter that indicates the battery level. Then again, it has a plastic-topped collection bag with 85 bushels capacity. So, when it gets empty, the full-bag indicator shows. Amazingly, it runs on two batteries. The batteries use a 2A dual charger. Not to forget, it weighs 35.3 pounds.
- It weighs 35.3 pounds.
- Runs on two batteries
- A plastic-topped collection bag
- Has a battery meter
- Six height adjustments
- It uses a 2A dual charger
#5. BLACK+DECKER BEMW472BH Lawn Mower
The BLACK+DECKER grass cutter features improved ergonomics. This electric mower is easy to maneuver and lightweight. Its hands are comfortable to grip. Therefore, maneuvering this mower is simple. Amazingly, you don’t have to pull cords to start it. Simply push a button, and it will start.
Moreover, it features size height adjustments between 1 and 3 inches. So, it is suitable for the 1/8 acre lawn. Nevertheless, it has no mulching capability. The wheels have treads for better control where the grass is thick. Next, it saves money because it does not use gas. On top of that, it Weighs 7 pounds only.
- A push-button for easy start
- Height adjustments between 1 and 3 inches
- Wheels with treads to improve control
- Uses no gas
- It Weighs 7 pounds
- No mulching capability
#4. Great States 815-18 Push Reel Grey Lawn Mower
By: Great States
The Great States grass cutter has no engine. This means that it does not smoke or produce noise. It mows your lawn very well without affecting the neighborhood. Since it is lightweight, maneuverability is very simple. Besides, it has an adjustable cutting height ranging between 0.5″ and 2.75″. Nevertheless, you need to push it manually.
Remarkably, its cutting width measures 18 inches. It has ball bearings and ten composite wheels. The blades feature heat-treated alloy steel material. Therefore, they remain sharp for a long. Then again, the handle features a cushioned grip for comfort. The tool requires no assembly. Unlike gas lawn mowers, it is simple to store this grass cutter.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Alloy Steel Construction
- 0.5″ and 2.75″ adjustable height
- It requires manual pushing
- A cushioned grip for comfort
- No assembly needed
- Easy to store
- It has no engine
#3. Greenworks Twin Force Cordless Lawn Mower
This lawnmower from the Greenworks store is ideal for a maximum of 1/3 acre lawns. Its battery lasts for about 70 minutes. Amazingly, it delivers bagging, cutting, and mulching. Its double battery port switches automatically from one battery to another to increase the runtime. Most importantly, it needs no maintenance, gas, or cords. The battery does the entire job.
On top of that, its deck is made of plastic. Equally important, it adjusts the power and runtime depending on the grass’ thickness. Not to forget, the cutting deck is 20 inches to offer balance and maneuverability. Finally, this grass cutter weighs 42.5 pounds.
- It weighs 42.5 pounds.
- 20 inches deck to offer balance and maneuverability
- Maximum of 1/3 acre lawn
- 70 minutes battery runtime
- No maintenance needed
- A plastic deck
#2. Sun Joe MJ401E Lawn Mower
By: Sun Joe
This grass cutter by Sun Joe is ideal for tight spaces. Further, it is easy to use a mower if the lawn is small. Besides, it has a lightweight and compact design. To be precise, it weighs 29lbs only. Most importantly, it never pollutes the atmosphere because it does not produce toxic carbon emissions. Simply push one button and begin mowing.
Equally important, the wheels can move in all terrains to improve maneuverability. Uniquely, it has a cutting width of 14 inches. You can change the height using its three-position control. Additionally, it has a 10.6-Gal bag for collecting grass clippings. To dispose of, quickly detach it.
- 18 inches-2.52 inches height range
- A powerful 13-amp motor
- Has wheels for maneuverability
- 6-Galon bag for collecting grass clippings
- It weighs 29lbs
- Lightweight and compact design
- An easy-to-use design
#1. Greenworks 25022 Lawn Mower
The Greenworks grass cutter has 3-in-1 capabilities. This means that it is good for side discharge, rear collection, and mulching. With a cutting path of 20 inches, it provides great maneuverability and balance. The powerful 12A motor offers tough mulching and cutting power. The deck features steel material for durability.
Moreover, the cutting height is adjustable with seven positions. These positions vary between 1.5 inches and 3.75 inches. The cam-lock handle folds easily for storage. On the other hand, it has an integrated cord lock for preventing the accidental disconnection of cords. Not to forget, it features manual driving. In conclusion, it weighs 56 pounds.
- It weighs 56 pounds.
- A cutting path of 20 inches
- A powerful 12A motor
- Seven positions adjustable cutting height
- Foldable handles for easy storage
- Steel deck for durability
Grass Cutters – Buyer’s guide
- Durability: The best grass cutter should be durable. This means that it should not be prone to tear and wear after a short period of time. Furthermore, you need to ensure that that the blade is sharpened frequently. Also, when using it, ensure that the grass has grown to a given height.
- Cutting height: When choosing a grass cutter, make sure that it has different cutting heights. This will determine the height of the grass you cut. Also, ensure that the mower has adjustable height settings. The best settings for the height should range between 20 and 60mm.
- Easy to maintain: When choosing a grass cutter, you need to check the ease of maintenance. You should choose a mower that is easy to store and needs less maintenance. Further, electric models are the best since they work for long.
- Width of cut: Apart from the height, it is important to check the cutting width before choosing the grass cutter. You should choose a wide model so that you spend less time mowing. The most suitable width is 300mm.
- Grass box: When cutting grass using a mower, it discharges the grass. Ensure that the mower you buy has a grass box to collect the grass clippings. This saves mower time since you don’t need to clean the yard after cutting the grass. Furthermore, check the grass’s length to prevent frequent emptying of the grass box.
When you have a good grass cutter, your yard will remain neat and clean. The market offers different brands. You should ensure that you buy a mower made of steel. This is because steel is durable. Also, it is effortless to maintain and operate, unlike those that break easily. If you need a quality grass cutter, choose one from the list above.